This is the new Chrome version of the Vari-Tube Electronic Cigarette.
Style meets function with this awesome personal vaporizer.
A great variable voltage e-cigarette at an incredible price
So why is this version better than earlier versions from this and other manufacturers?
- The amperage limit has been increased from 2.5 to 3.2 amps. Now, 2.5 amps is plenty for most people as it allows you to drive a 1.7 ohm cartomizer at around 4.2 volts and a standard resistance cartomizer above 5 volts. Where this really helps is with dual coil cartomizers as they appear to the device to be around 1.5 ohms or so but the individual coils are above 3 ohms so they need more current.
- This device allows you to see the resistance of the attached cartomizer or atomizer. This is incredibly handy if you are like me and just leave empty cartomizers lying around waiting to be filled. With this e-cig, just screw it on, press the button and get an accurate reading of the resistance. You can also use it to validate the stated resistance of the cartos and attys you get from your vendors.
- The vent hole size is increased to 3 mm. This just adds to the overall safety of the device in the case of a catostrophic battery incident.
- Metal end caps
- 510 and EGO threads. This electronic cigarette allows you to use all of the standard 510 threaded cartomizers and atomizers as well as most EGO type devices without an adapter. Please note that the Chrome Vari-Tube has been tested with the EGO CE4 clearomizers that we sell on this site. The threads on the chrome Vari-Tube do not protrude much past the top of the device. There have been reports that certain flat bottomed tanks fit too flush against the top of the PV, restricting the airflow. The use of an adapter of extension may be required with some tanks. We make no warranties about the fit of other devices.
This personal vaporizer is chrome plated aluminum. The buttons are painted plastic.
Be advised that the finish on the buttons will wear off after extended use. This is considered normal wear and tear.
|We have become aware that some users have damaged the center post and / or the atomizer threads on their device by screwing in certain cartomizers or tank devices that have an elongated thread. The Vivi Nova (manufacturer unknown) has been specifically identified.
Please be gentle when screwing down any atomizing device on your APV. Do not over-tighten or force them on. As an added precaution, we recommend using a 510 to 510 extension or a 510 to EGO adapter. This will help protect the threads and center post. It is much cheaper to replace an adapter than an APV.
Be advised that we can not provide any warranty because of thread or center post damage.
Unlike previous versions from various manufacturers, there are fewer issues with battery fit when using protected cells or button top IMR cells. The threads screw down completely. That said, I am sure there is a battery brand or two of 18650 cells that are significantly longer than the 65 mm specification for the cell that might not fit so well. As such, we only warrant the fit for the cells we list on this page.
|Please be advised that the Trustfire 18650 - 3000 mAh cells are too long to fit properly in the full size Vari-Tube. The Trustfire 18350 - 1200 mAh is a very tight fit in the mini Vari-Tube and may put too much pressure on the internals of the device. Neither cell is recommended for use in The Vari-Tube APV.
Sturdy Chrome-Plated, Aluminum body with metal end caps - Durable and lightweight
Selectable Voltage - adjust the voltage to your personal tastes - from 3v to 6v in 0.1v increments
LCD Screen - used to display the current voltage setting, the cartomizer / atomizer resistance and the charge left in your battery
510 and EGO connection - gives you access to the greatest amount of cartomizers, atomizers and tanks from the vendor of your choice
Regulated Output - keeps the voltage the same regardless of the remaining battery charge. As the battery drains, the device will keep the voltage consistent giving you a consistent vaping experience until it is time to put in a fresh battery.
Accidental Overheating Protection - If the activation button is held down for more than 10 seconds, the device will stop providing power until the button is released. This will keep you from a mishap if you activate the unit in your pocket. We do recommend that you shut the unit down using the Activation button (see below) BEFORE putting it in your pocket, though we all can forget.
Short Circuit Protection - the unit can detect a cartomizer / atomizer that has a resistance that is too low for the current voltage setting (will draw to many amps and generate too many watts). When this occurs the voltage will be reset to 3.7 volts to protect all of the components (and you). If the unit detects that the cartomizer / atomizer is shorted out, it will shut off power to the device.
Reverse Battery Protection - this will protect you and the device in the situation where the battery is installed incorrectly. This sounds like a no-brainer, but I have personally burnt out 2 switches on my Epower by putting the battery in backwards.
Battery Monitoring / Over-Discharge Protection - the device will monitor the battery voltage and automatically turn off when the battery is voltage reaches a level of about 3.3 volts. This keeps you from over-discharging your batteries which will shorten their life and possibly damage them.
Current Protection - The unit is designed to monitor the current and shut itself off if it detects any excessive over-current conditions (greater than 3.2 amps).
Vent hole - A 3 mm vent hole is located on the bottom of the unit - all lithium ion batteries have the potential for "unpredictable" behavior. The vent hole provides that extra margin of safety if something catastrophic happens with the installed battery.
Simple Operation: (you can download printable instructions with pictures by clicking on the image below)
Activation Button - Click once to activate the LED. First the cartomizer / Atomizer resistance is displayed along with the remaining battery charge. Then the voltage setting is displayed with the battery gauge
Activation Button - Click five (5) times rapidly to turn the device on, do the same to turn the device off. Note: that you must turn the device on every time you change the battery.
+ Button - Press this button to increase the voltage by .1 volt (between 3 volts and 6 volts). When you try to go past 6 volts, the unit automatically goes to 3 volts.
- Button - Press this button to decrease the voltage by .1 volt (between 3 volts and 6 volts). When you try to go below 3 volts, the unit automatically goes to 6 volts
|Threads||510 and EGO Specification|
|Voltage||3.0 to 6.0 V in .1 volt increments|
||130.5 mm (full size), 100.6 mm (mini)|
|Cell Supported||18650 (full size), 18350 (mini)|
|Weight (empty)||56 gm (full size), 48 gm (mini)|
Battery Safety InformationBe sure to use only cells that are recommended by the manufacturer or vendor where you purchased your APV (electronic cigarette). Failure to use proper procedures with lithium ion cells can lead to serious accidents, quite possibly a fire or an explosion. Do not over charge or over discharge cells.
We strongly recommend IMR or PROTECTED ICR cells in all e-cigarette applications. Do not charge these cells unattended. If cells become damaged, discontinue their use immediately. For comprehensive information on safely using lithium ion cells, please visit the Battery University